AUDIOBOOK REVIEWS

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wrap Up: Murder, Monsters, Mayhem






It's November 1, The Day of the Dead and; the end of Murder, Monsters, Mayhem for 2011. The feature, hosted by Jennifer L. at www.jennsbookshelves.com, ran for the month of October and featured a number of bloggers posting reviews about any and all things horror related. It's been a great experience, having discovered a number of print, audio and graphic novel titles that I've added to my wish list and, the opportunity to try something new: reviewing graphic novels! It turns out, that I really groove on it and plan on doing more :-)

There were a couple things that didn't work out for me this year: I had wanted to develop a couple of informal essays about Shirley Jackson; about the movies adapted from Richard Matheson's I am Legend; about the origin of the werewolf tradition... I had wanted to write movie reviews about Dawn of the Dead, Psycho and, Carrie and there are a couple of audiobook reviews still outstanding: Psycho and Frankenstein; but quite simply, life got in the way. That said, I'll be working on ways to improve my productivity for next year's Mx3! Yes! I'm already planning for next year!


My contributions for Murder, Monsters, Mayhem for 2011:

Zombies:
  • Countdown by Jonathan Mayberry; narrated by Ray Porter [Audiobook Review]
  • Patient Zero by Jonathan Mayberry; narrated by Ray Porter [Audiobook Review]
  • Zero Tolerance by Jonathan Mayberry; narrated by Ray Porter [Audiobook Review]

Murder Mysteries:

More Zombies:

Werewolves and Disturbed Humans:
  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater; narrated by Jenna Lamia and David LeDoux [Audiobook Review]
  • We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson; narrated by Bernadette Dunne [Audiobook Review]
  • Carrie by Stephen King; narrated by Sissy Spacek [Audiobook Review]

Thanks again to Jennifer L. at jennsbookshelves.com for hosting this feature :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment